This salad seems like a rich kin to the Dump Salad; it has a wider variety of textures and flavors, but is still based on cottage cheese and Cool Whip. And of course, you have to work harder to get all the ingredients mixed together. There is even some chopping to do.
- 4 oz Coolwhip
- 16 oz. cottage cheese, small curd
- 16 oz. canned fruit cocktail, drained
- 3.5 oz. pistachio instant pudding, dry
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/4 package miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Mix together in the order listed. Chill well before serving.
Luckily, Pistachio Jello is one of the flavors that still is in favor, and you should have no problem finding it.
The coconut I use is the Angel Flakes; I have it available for other recipes I cook. I am not certain why the salad has to be mixed in the order the ingredients are given, but it does stiffen up substantially by the time you add the coconut.