Zucchini is a summer squash that can be found at most farmers markets or grocery stores. It’s a versatile vegetable that can be used in a variety of recipes, including this easy broiled zucchini recipe. This dish only requires a few ingredients and can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
Whether you’re looking for a side dish to accompany your main course or a quick and healthy snack, this recipe is perfect. Broiling zucchini brings out its natural sweetness and is a great way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable.
In order to broil zucchini, you will need the following ingredients:
Cut the zucchini into thin slices and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Step by Step Instructions for Broiling Zucchini
1. Preheat your broiler. If you don’t have a broiler, you can use a grill pan on your stovetop.
2. Cut your zucchini into thin slices, about 1/4-inch thick.
3. Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and pepper, then place them under the broiler.
5. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the zucchini is slightly charred around the edges.
6. Remove from the heat and serve immediately!
There are many ways to broil zucchini, but this is a basic recipe to get you started. You can experiment with different herbs and spices to find the perfect flavor for your family.
To change things up, try adding some garlic or onion powder to the zucchini before broiling. For a sweeter flavor, add a little honey or brown sugar. If you like things spicy, add some crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper. The possibilities are endless! Just have fun and experiment until you find the perfect combination for your taste buds.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Results
1. Preheat your broiler. Most broilers have an automatic setting, but if yours doesn’t, set it to high.
2. Cut your zucchini into thick slices, about 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick. The thicker the slices, the longer they’ll take to cook through and the more char you’ll get on them.
3. Season your zucchini slices with salt and pepper, or any other herbs or spices you like.
4. Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
5. Broil the zucchini for 5 to 7 minutes, until they’re tender and slightly charred around the edges.
6. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce or topping.
Broiling zucchini is an easy and delicious way to make one of the most versatile vegetables. It’s a healthy side dish that can be served with any meal, from weeknight dinners to special occasions. The recipe provided here is simple yet flavorful, and it only takes 10 minutes or less!
With plenty of time before 2023 rolls around, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to try out this broiled zucchini recipe yourself and impress your family and friends. Bon appétit!